Saturday, November 9, 2013

Special guest: Lovely Kizzy, Skulls and Butterflies from Scotland


I went to Scotland last year, and it was one of the best vacations in my life. The main stops were Edinburgh, Glasgow, and of course, The Loch Ness. But we also took a quick road trip and stopped in Ben Nevis and many other tiny places that I absolutely loved! I can't wait to go back. And although there is much history, nature, amazing places and stuff to do, I also loved the street style, the food, and how friendly the people were. I can say good things about Scotland for hours but then I won't be able to say things about lovely Kizzy. She has a blog with FABULOUS pictures of Scotland that I have been checking for hours, and her style is also awesome. But the reason why I picked this outfit, is because, as I was explaining to you close to Halloween, in Mexico, the Day of the Dead (November 1st and 2nd) is a very important celebration, where "The Dead", known as "La Catrina" is represented as a skull. But she is not bad. She represents a very important moment where there is a transition from the land of the alive to the land of the dead managing it as a change, not as dead per se. That's why in ancient Mexico, they didn't see dying as a bad thing, but as a mainly transition. And I like it. In almost all Mexican houses, we put a little altar with the food that our beloved deceased ones loved, including traditional candy because it is believed that in the Day of the Dead, they come at night to steal the flavor of the food. So, it is like a day to be in touch with those loved ones that you have lost. Therefore, we love the image of "La Catrina" and it is not strange you find it in earrings, necklaces, and everywhere. And that's also why I find Kizzy's dress so fascinating. And also, in The Day of the Dead in Mexico, there are many, many flowers. I love her dress, I love her smile, I love Scotland, and I totally love her pictures. Check her blog! http://www.thedaintydollshouse.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank you so much, Kizzy! :)



And here are some pictures Kizzy took from York. I know it is in England but the pictures are so fabulous that I had to show some here, but for more, visit her blog :)


Here are some pictures of Andrew and me in my beloved Scotland:
This is me in Edimburgh!

This are Andrew and me in Glasgow

I found Nessie! It exists!! (And he came home with me)

Andrew and I at Ben Nevis, we could see its top!!

And to end this long, long entry, a typical Day of the Dead Mexican's altar :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really appreciate all your comments!