Tuesday, January 21, 2014

50's Stewardess Inspired Outfit: Let's fly!



I love pin-up style: Waitresses, Cigarette sellers, sailors, stewardess, etc. It was super girly but never vulgar even if the girls showed their whole body.
And one of the best compliments I've ever received was in Norway, when a friend of mine, told me I should be the girl painted on the Memphis Belle. If you haven't heard about it, it was a very famous Airplane of the Second World War with a pin-up girl painted on the front. I don't know much about the story of the Airplane, but since it is an iconic pin-up illustration, I was super happy. It was so popular that it inspired two motion pictures.
I've never dared to take a complete pin-up look photo studio but I am gonna keep that in mind.
Anyway, thinking about the iconic stewardesses of the 50's, and the Memphis Belle, I adapted my outfit to these days but tried to keep the old look reminiscences with a beret, lines and a scarf. After all it was a daily outfit (not a costume) but I think my adaptation worked pretty well.
If you like it, I might dare and make a complete 50's theme pin-up photo shoot, with the proper outfits and all :)



Bettie Page: The Queen of the Pin-ups

Typical 50's pin-up poster:

The Memphis Belle:

Outfit details:
Sweater: Vintage
Beret: Vintage
Scarf: Vintage



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really appreciate all your comments!